lucene-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Benson Margulies (Updated) (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Updated] (SOLR-3347) deleteByQuery failing with SolrCloud
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2012 01:29:17 GMT

     [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-3347?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
]

Benson Margulies updated SOLR-3347:
-----------------------------------

    Description: 
I've got a SolrCloud configuration in which calling deleteByQuery on CloudSolrServer never
works. The log looks plausible, but the documents never leave. 

I've watched the process in the debugger when just using post.jar on simple XML files with
the delete on *:* and the commit, and the dbqlevel in DistributedUpdateProcessor never gets
to 3.

I'm going to attach a number of things. One is a unit test that passes, sadly. Someone might
like some small improvements in there in the cloud test classes, even if you don't bother
with the test itself.

Another is the solrconfig.xml that fails, and a third is the shell script I use to launch.

I'm continuing to work on this; I guess the next step is to allow you to repro what I'm doing
by replacing my private URP with a dummy and seeing if I can get the same wrong results.


  was:
I've got a SolrCloud configuration in which calling deleteByQuery on CloudSolrServer never
works. The log looks plausible, but the documents never leave. In the debugger, the dbqlevel
in DistributedUpdateProcessor never gets to 3.

I'm going to attach a number of things. One is a unit test that passes, sadly. Someone might
like some small improvements in there in the cloud test classes, even if you don't bother
with the test itself.

Another is the solrconfig.xml that fails, and a third is the shell script I use to launch.

I'm continuing to work on this; I guess the next step is to allow you to repro what I'm doing
by replacing my private URP with a dummy and seeing if I can get the same wrong results.


    
> deleteByQuery failing with SolrCloud
> ------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: SOLR-3347
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-3347
>             Project: Solr
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: SolrCloud
>            Reporter: Benson Margulies
>         Attachments: 0001-Attempt-to-repro-problem-with-del-and-SolrCloud.patch, provision-and-start.sh,
solrconfig.xml
>
>
> I've got a SolrCloud configuration in which calling deleteByQuery on CloudSolrServer
never works. The log looks plausible, but the documents never leave. 
> I've watched the process in the debugger when just using post.jar on simple XML files
with the delete on *:* and the commit, and the dbqlevel in DistributedUpdateProcessor never
gets to 3.
> I'm going to attach a number of things. One is a unit test that passes, sadly. Someone
might like some small improvements in there in the cloud test classes, even if you don't bother
with the test itself.
> Another is the solrconfig.xml that fails, and a third is the shell script I use to launch.
> I'm continuing to work on this; I guess the next step is to allow you to repro what I'm
doing by replacing my private URP with a dummy and seeing if I can get the same wrong results.

--
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
If you think it was sent incorrectly, please contact your JIRA administrators: https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ContactAdministrators!default.jspa
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira

        

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@lucene.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@lucene.apache.org


Mime
View raw message