lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Build/deploy Maven artifacts outside of Lucene/Solr
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2012 21:54:22 GMT

On Apr 23, 2012, at 5:46 PM, Uwe Schindler wrote:

>  And OUR source code was correct - PERIOD.

I think more important than our code being correct is that our distributions work correctly.
Being correct for the sake of it has no practical value. We should strive for the best user
experience. The value comes from what we deliver - and if we can deliver something that works
correctly over something that does not, we should IMO.

It's the same as working around JVM bugs - should we need to? No. But we live in the real
world where people use real JVMs.

- Mark Miller
lucidimagination.com