lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS] Build/deploy Maven artifacts outside of Lucene/Solr
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2012 21:29:04 GMT

Thanks for clarification! This was one of the things that I never
understood, for me the additional maven build was just magic :-) This powers
my opinion, that the so called "maven builds" are simply another way of
publishing artifacts and that's important in my opinion, as we are using the
infrastructure of IVY, which relies on Maven servers to work (Robert: I know
that IVY also supports downloading from arbitrary URLs, but that is missing
stability and metadata).

Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen