lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Benson Margulies <bimargul...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Build/deploy Maven artifacts outside of Lucene/Solr
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2012 17:16:20 GMT
ok, sorry, I read viral as the classic anti-maven slam. sorry for the noise.

On Apr 23, 2012, at 1:14 PM, Mark Miller <markrmiller@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Apr 23, 2012, at 1:00 PM, Benson Margulies wrote:
>
>> when I see ' viral' in one of these debates, I get frustrated. please
>> state an actual practical problem, not a scare word.
>
> It's not really a scare word - its just the reason I have been against Maven as part
of our core project - I mean viral in how it has infiltrated beyond what was original discussed.

> I'd go into all of the reasons why I think Maven is what it is to the Lucene/Solr projects,
but I have in past discussions and I'm not looking to repeat past discussions. This debate
is not about coloring anyones view about Maven. All of the committers and PMC members already
have their views and won't be cowed by 'scare' words.