lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Benson Margulies <bimargul...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Build/deploy Maven artifacts outside of Lucene/Solr
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2012 17:00:46 GMT
when I see ' viral' in one of these debates, I get frustrated. please
state an actual practical problem, not a scare word.

publishing to central should be a central concern of this pmc, as an
ever-growing multitude uses gradle or ivy or maven or some other
consumer.

if you want a second volunteer to care and feed you have me.

On Apr 23, 2012, at 12:39 PM, Steven A Rowe <sarowe@syr.edu> wrote:

>> I think, to fix this, we (the Apache Lucene PMC) should stop
>> officially posting artifacts to Maven ourselves.
>
> -1
>
> I'm not happy that we're having this conversation again.
>
> I personally don't have the resources to set up continuous integration for this, and
I think that's a requirement that isn't served by other hosting providers.  Am I wrong?

>> I'm not comfortable being held accountable for something I don't understand.
>
> I don't think full understanding is a requirement.  Do you, Mike, fully understand all
of Lucene/Solr's code?  If the answer is no, then how can you be comfortable voting for a
release?