lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1304019 - in /lucene/dev/trunk/lucene: core/src/test/org/apache/lucene/util/junitcompat/ test-framework/src/java/org/apache/lucene/util/
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2012 22:04:51 GMT

: This definitely should be cleaned up and I would love to break down
: the existing legacy hook methods into either rules or at least cleaner
: methods, but I'd rather do it after I land LUCENE-3808. I realize this
: sentence has become my usual defensive line recently.

that is not a defensive line, that is a "whet our appitites" line.

: So: you're right in that this isn't entirely like it should be
: (setting these "immutable" properties should be above sysprop
: invariants). Consider it a temporary workaround -- I'll try to cleanup
: LTC once that 3.x release is out.

No worries ... i was just curious if this was a slightly risky edge
situation, and it sounds like it is but you alrady have a plan to deal
with it eventually -- which is certianly good enough for me.  (i'd only be
worried if you said it was a risk, and it's a big one, but we have no way
of dealing with it cleanly)

-Hoss