lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1304019 - in /lucene/dev/trunk/lucene: core/src/test/org/apache/lucene/util/junitcompat/ test-framework/src/java/org/apache/lucene/util/
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2012 21:47:08 GMT

: We already don't have to worry about this: locale and timezone are set
: statically for the whole test class.
:
: But by randomizing it, we also don't have to worry about improper use

right, of course ... i forgot we were explicitly randomizing it -- but
that begs the question: why then ddoes david need to treat it as special
at all?  shouldn't it be set at the begining by the randomization code and
then never changed?

is that hapening *after* the property rules are recording what the
starting system properties are? should it be happening *before*? (not just
for timezone, i'm wondering if there is the possibility of other risks
/ edge cases we may be overlooking)

-Hoss