lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1304019 - in /lucene/dev/trunk/lucene: core/src/test/org/apache/lucene/util/junitcompat/ test-framework/src/java/org/apache/lucene/util/
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2012 20:08:12 GMT

: LUCENE-3847: ignore user.timezone because it is set by java logging system and this is hard
to predict.

crazy thought: what if instead of ignoring it in these checks, we force
set it to UTC? either in ant or in the test runner .. whichever makes
more sense. (that way, when interpreting test logs, we never have to worry
that some DST shift happened during the tests that might be
making the timestamps confusing)

-Hoss