lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: start being more official/vocal about "Wiki errata" pages for release notes?
Date Mon, 19 Mar 2012 19:06:46 GMT

: I don't understand the difference. If you are saying rename
: ReleaseNote36 to Release36, then thats fine!

the difference is we explicitly link to the URL of that page in the
CHANGES.txt and README.txt with the verbage i suggested...

>> More information about this release, including any errata related to
the release notes, upgrade instructions, or
>> other changes can be found online at...
>>    https://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/Lucene3.6
...or...
>>    https://wiki.apache.org/solr/Solr3.6

...and then if, after publishing the release, we realize we forgot to
mention something in the README.txt or CHANGES.txt we update that wiki
page to include it there.

: at some point we are going to send an email with some contents, and if
: thats gonna be me, I'm not going to type it up myself
: but have it as a wiki page i copy-paste from... so I don't think it
: should have other functionality/stuff on it...
:
: Does that make sense?

not really -- but it's also not really relevant.  there wouldn't *be* any
other contents on that page when it's time to send the release
announcement out, it would only get added after the release (if ever).

-Hoss