lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject RE: ideas for alphas/betas?
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2012 23:52:33 GMT

: I agree with that it might be better to have no affects version. But
: having an affects version allows us to mark issues only relevant to the
: 4.x branch. Otherwise I cannot sort for issues that only affect 4.x, but
: have not yet a fix version.
:
: For me it is easy to remove all Affects Version = 4.0 markers, but
: that’s destructive. If I add a new version (4.pre) and then update all
: affects versions to this new one, I loose nothing.

I agree with you ... i would suggest using "4x" or "4x_unreleased" as a
version name for use in the "affects" field anywhere "4.0" is currently
used.

labels/tags are useful for many things to help organize/categorize
issues -- but i think a "version" really makes sense for this particular
type of categorization -- particularly because of how it shows up in list
views & reports (and how versions "sort")

-Hoss