lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Pugh <ep...@opensourceconnections.com>
Subject Re: Jetty 8 on solr trunk?
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2012 03:22:54 GMT
Does using Jetty8 change the wisdom that the org.eclipse.jetty.server.bio.SocketConnector is
better then org.eclipse.jetty.server.nio.SelectChannelConnector?   I know that in one setup
we had lots of clients losing their connections to Solr with the bio.SocketConnector, and
then when we switched to the nio.SelectChannelConnector those dropped connections almost completely
disappeared.

I attribute the change to having lots of clients holding connections open for many seconds,
and the no.SelectChannelConnector dealing with that better.

I tried to find some info on "Why Jetty8?"  but didn't find much out there that wasn't from
2009!

Eric

On Mar 6, 2012, at 1:53 PM, Ryan McKinley wrote:

> How do people feel about moving to Jetty 8 on trunk?
>
> I think we should do this soon, so it gets as much testing as possible.
>
> It is good have an official release be our best tested container.
>
> Here is a working branch:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/dev/branches/solr_3159_jetty8/
>
> ryan

Eric Pugh | Principal | OpenSource Connections, LLC | 434.466.1467 | http://www.opensourceconnections.com
Co-Author: Apache Solr 3 Enterprise Search Server available from http://www.packtpub.com/apache-solr-3-enterprise-search-server/book

This e-mail and all contents, including attachments, is considered to be Company Confidential
unless explicitly stated otherwise, regardless of whether attachments are marked as such.