lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject 3.6 status update
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2012 14:00:30 GMT
Hello,

as alluded to on the 'replace jars with ivy' thread, there is a
discussion currently going on, in another list:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/201203.mbox/%3CCAOFYJNY%3DEjVHrWVvAedR3OKwCv-BkTaCbEu0ufp7OZR_gpCTiA%40mail.gmail.com%3E

the situation looks grim: there is talk of deleting past releases and
things like that, so because of that, I think its necessary to fix
this for 3.6
even if it turns out not to be absolutely necessary for 3.6, i'd much
rather spend my time with technicals than arguing over this crap on
mailing lists anyway.

its a shame, since our packaging is stable and we have been doing a
lot of testing the last few weeks, before this thread I was planning
on creating the first release candidate today.
but I think either way this situation will delay the release, so let's
just do it right.

I set https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-3930 as blocker. I
imagine it will take some time to sort this out and re-test
everything, delaying the RC.
Thanks for your patience! If you want to help you can investigate the
jira issue (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-3930), look
at the branch (https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/dev/branches/lucene3930)
and review things, or of course just do the usual inspections and
tests on branch_3x, which we definitely still need even with this
distraction.

Thanks,
Robert

--