lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject switch jars to ivy mechanism?
Date Tue, 27 Mar 2012 19:28:00 GMT
Hello everyone,

There is currently a thread about jars going on another list, this
isn't about that.

But just reading over the thread and thinking about things, our svn
checkout is quite large because of checked in jars. I don't think this
is good for developers in Europe or Japan or elsewhere, because it
makes the checkout huge.

On the other hand I look at the example ivy file from the tutorial
(http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/latest-milestone/samples/build.xml)
and it looks pretty nice. I know there is an eclipse plugin that works
with this as well.

I was thinking about experimenting with our build to remove these jars
(at least: as many as possible) and see how ivy worked, purely as an
optimization. It seems like maybe it really wouldnt be such a huge
change... maybe something that could be done in a day or something
like that.

Does anyone have any opinions on this?

--
lucidimagination.com