lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1304320 - /lucene/dev/trunk/lucene/core/src/java/org/apache/lucene/index/IndexWriter.java
Date Fri, 23 Mar 2012 13:46:14 GMT
Early days of electronic text and a math professor I had had a colleague
who submitted a math textbook. Someone decided that "iff" was a typo
and did a mass substitution of "if". As my prof said

"Going through a math text and putting back all the iff's that were
supposed to be in the proofs was non-trivial"