lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Dawid Weiss <dawid.we...@cs.put.poznan.pl>
Subject Re: [JENKINS-MAVEN] Lucene-Solr-Maven-trunk #413: POMs out of sync
Date Sun, 04 Mar 2012 18:56:38 GMT
I'll file an issue and take care of it. Should be a no-brainer.

Dawid

On Sun, Mar 4, 2012 at 7:53 PM, Mark Miller <markrmiller@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mar 4, 2012, at 1:50 PM, Dawid Weiss wrote:
>
>>> This looks like another issue where a sys prop in a previous test was not cleared
- auditing the clearing of props now.

>> I think this should be an invariant -- sysprops before and after
>> should be identical. I'll make it part of the runner? This way we can
>> catch all potential problems of this nature in the future (and I like
>> this idea -- sysprops are tricky, never thought of this before).
>>
>> Dawid
>>

> +1 - I think that is a great idea - this can cause nasty weird hard to debug stuff when
it slips in. It's also hard to ensure every contributor remembers that in all cases they must
be sure to clear any prop they set. It's just super error prone. Test framework assistance
would be awesome.