lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Dawid Weiss <dawid.we...@cs.put.poznan.pl>
Subject Re: Weird solr errors?
Date Mon, 19 Mar 2012 07:49:25 GMT
Thanks Ryan,

> For output readability, it would be great to be able to hide the
> output when we *know* it is expected.

Yes, that's what I meant.

> Is that possible?  Is there a better way to test for exceptions you
> want to get thrown?

I don't think there is a better way. On the LUCENE-3808 branch the
console output from tests/ suites only gets emitted to the console
when a suite fails (there is a suite level error or any of its tests
fails). Full output is sent to another file so it is always available
for inspection, but the output log from an ant run is much, much
cleaner to look at.

Another way to do it would be to suppress (enable buffering) in the
logging handler and skip part of the logs if the test passes and we
know a code block will be polluting logs with (expected) exception.

I think LUCENE-3808 is a cleaner approach as it doesn't attempt to
clean anything yet provides a sensible alternative on the console...
If it keeps bothering me I'll try to fix it using the approach above.

Dawid