lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Dawid Weiss <dawid.we...@gmail.com>
Subject Weird solr errors?
Date Sun, 18 Mar 2012 18:16:21 GMT
This is a build log that failed recently. It isn't any of the usual
offenders -- could I ask for somebody who knows Solr better and can
interpret this?

Namely these are weird:

> Caused by: org.apache.lucene.queryparser.classic.ParseException: Cannot parse '??::??':
Encountered " ":" ": "" at line 1, column 2.

and this one:

> 5558 T30 C0 oasc.SolrException.log SEVERE org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Invalid
Number: hello

I was also thinking that it's really hard to tell if some of the
SEVERE logs are a result of expected tested behavior or if they're
something that should is a red warning light. We could implement a
mechanism which would suppress certain logs (by pattern?) from
appearing if they're expected in a test's output?

Dawid