lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Dawid Weiss <dawid.we...@cs.put.poznan.pl>
Subject Re: The two non-deterministic solr tests (BasicZkTest, BasicDistributedZkTest)
Date Sat, 03 Mar 2012 16:41:57 GMT
Hi Mark.

I think the problem may be with the background load. What I reported
happens very often on the branch where I'm using that custom ant tasks
for spawning parallel tests. This happens on many machines (linux box
with 2 cores, windows with 4 cores, linux with 4 cores) but again -- I
wasn't successful at replicating consistently. Seems like a time-based
condition somewhere and you're probably right in that it depends on
background load.

I will try to reproduce this on trunk and will create an issue with logs.

Dawid

On Sat, Mar 3, 2012 at 5:29 PM, Mark Miller <markrmiller@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Steve - went back in the history a bit and found the fail reports - will help
to have it enabled so that I can try / receive feedback.

> On Mar 3, 2012, at 11:03 AM, Steven A Rowe wrote:
>
>> BasicDistributedZkTest is disabled on the Maven build (via a perl script inserting
an @Ignore annotation in the source before compilation), because it has *never* succeeded
there.

>> I'll re-enable it.
>>
>> Steve

slow/busy machines, but I don't see the BasicDistributedZkTest failures there.