lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan McKinley <ryan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Weird solr errors?
Date Mon, 19 Mar 2012 04:44:36 GMT
See SolrExampleTests#testErrorHandling()

The test sends in stuff that fails badly and makes sure it gets the
right error back.

    try {
      server.deleteByQuery( "??::??" ); // query syntax error
      Assert.fail("should have a number format exception");
    }
    catch(SolrException ex) {
      assertEquals(400, ex.code());
    }

For output readability, it would be great to be able to hide the
output when we *know* it is expected.

Is that possible?  Is there a better way to test for exceptions you
want to get thrown?

ryan

On Sun, Mar 18, 2012 at 11:16 AM, Dawid Weiss <dawid.weiss@gmail.com> wrote:
> This is a build log that failed recently. It isn't any of the usual
> offenders -- could I ask for somebody who knows Solr better and can
> interpret this?
>
> Namely these are weird:
>
>> Caused by: org.apache.lucene.queryparser.classic.ParseException: Cannot parse '??::??':
Encountered " ":" ": "" at line 1, column 2.

> and this one:
>
>> 5558 T30 C0 oasc.SolrException.log SEVERE org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Invalid
Number: hello