lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>
Subject Re: [JENKINS] Lucene-Solr-tests-only-trunk-java7 - Build # 1928 - Failure
Date Sun, 11 Mar 2012 16:51:11 GMT
On Sat, Mar 10, 2012 at 4:01 AM, Dawid Weiss
<dawid.weiss@cs.put.poznan.pl> wrote:
> This was caused by a timeout?
>
>   [junit] Caused by:
> org.apache.commons.httpclient.ConnectTimeoutException: The host did
> not accept the connection within timeout of 100 ms
>
> I don't think this is reasonable on jenkins?

If a host is down, we want to be able to (normally) fail over quickly
to a replica.
One thing I've been meaning to test is that a longer timeout won't
slow down that common fail-over case.  I assume that's the case, but
it would be nice to get confirmation.

-Yonik
lucenerevolution.com - Lucene/Solr Open Source Search Conference.
Boston May 7-10