lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>
Subject Re: [JENKINS] Lucene-Solr-tests-only-trunk-java7 - Build # 1965 - Failure
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2012 17:45:18 GMT
On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 1:32 PM, Mark Miller <markrmiller@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mar 13, 2012, at 1:23 PM, Yonik Seeley wrote:
>
>> Looks like the same underlying cause again... the recovery thread is
>> still running when the test ends and hence a core (and it's searcher)
>> are still open.
>
> Yeah, just came to the same likely conclusion - this was also changed in the recent refactoring
- we used to get and close the core on each retry which may have affected the timing around
this.

Definitely - it still would have happened, just with less frequency
(the thread still have been running, but grabbing/releasing the core
would make this happen more intermittently).

>> I thought there was code in the test framework to wait for threads
>> that hadn't finished yet?
>
> No, I don't think so. Part of why we have the wait for searcher open/close balance. It's
already fairly large but perhaps that wait needs to be even longer, jenkins has recently gotten
slower it seems (see those 100ms connection timeout fails that have started showing up).

Yeah, I was wondering if the drastically increased connection timeout
fails corresponded at all with the Jetty upgrade, or if it was just
Jenkins getting slower.

-Yonik
lucenerevolution.com - Lucene/Solr Open Source Search Conference.
Boston May 7-10