lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [JENKINS-MAVEN] Lucene-Solr-Maven-trunk #413: POMs out of sync
Date Sun, 04 Mar 2012 18:53:37 GMT

On Mar 4, 2012, at 1:50 PM, Dawid Weiss wrote:

>> This looks like another issue where a sys prop in a previous test was not cleared
- auditing the clearing of props now.

> I think this should be an invariant -- sysprops before and after
> should be identical. I'll make it part of the runner? This way we can
> catch all potential problems of this nature in the future (and I like
> this idea -- sysprops are tricky, never thought of this before).
>
> Dawid

+1 - I think that is a great idea - this can cause nasty weird hard to debug stuff when it
slips in. It's also hard to ensure every contributor remembers that in all cases they must
be sure to clear any prop they set. It's just super error prone. Test framework assistance
would be awesome.

- Mark Miller
lucidimagination.com