lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Alan Woodward <alan.woodw...@romseysoftware.co.uk>
Subject Re: Using term offsets for hit highlighting
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2012 08:09:15 GMT
Thanks for all the offers of help!  It looks as though most of the hard work has already been
done, which is exactly where I like to pick up projects.  :-)

Maybe the best place to start would be for me to rebase the branch against trunk, and see
what still fits?  I think there have been some fairly major changes in the internals since
July last year.

On 19 Mar 2012, at 17:07, Mike Sokolov wrote:

> I posted a patch with a Collector somewhat similar to what you described, Alan - it's
attached to one of the sub-issues https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-3318.   It
is in a fairly complete "alpha" state, but has seen no production use of course, since it
relies on the remainder of the unfinished work in that branch.  It works by creating a TokenStream
based on match positions returned from the query and passing that to the existing Highlighter.
 Please feel free to get in touch if you decide to look into that and have questions.