lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [JENKINS] Lucene-Solr-tests-only-trunk-java7 - Build # 1965 - Failure
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2012 17:32:17 GMT

On Mar 13, 2012, at 1:23 PM, Yonik Seeley wrote:

> Looks like the same underlying cause again... the recovery thread is
> still running when the test ends and hence a core (and it's searcher)
> are still open.

Yeah, just came to the same likely conclusion - this was also changed in the recent refactoring
- we used to get and close the core on each retry which may have affected the timing around
this.

> I thought there was code in the test framework to wait for threads
> that hadn't finished yet?

No, I don't think so. Part of why we have the wait for searcher open/close balance. It's already
fairly large but perhaps that wait needs to be even longer, jenkins has recently gotten slower
it seems (see those 100ms connection timeout fails that have started showing up).

> -Yonik
> lucenerevolution.com - Lucene/Solr Open Source Search Conference.
> Boston May 7-10
>

> On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 1:15 PM, Apache Jenkins Server
> <jenkins@builds.apache.org> wrote:
>> Build: https://builds.apache.org/job/Lucene-Solr-tests-only-trunk-java7/1965/
>>
>> 1 tests failed.
>> FAILED:  junit.framework.TestSuite.org.apache.solr.cloud.BasicDistributedZkTest
>>
>> Error Message:
>> ERROR: SolrIndexSearcher opens=94 closes=93
>>
>> Stack Trace:
>> junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: ERROR: SolrIndexSearcher opens=94 closes=93
>>        at org.apache.solr.SolrTestCaseJ4.endTrackingSearchers(SolrTestCaseJ4.java:211)
>>        at org.apache.solr.SolrTestCaseJ4.afterClassSolrTestCase(SolrTestCaseJ4.java:100)
>>        at org.apache.lucene.util.SystemPropertiesRestoreRule$1.evaluate(SystemPropertiesRestoreRule.java:20)
>>        at org.apache.lucene.util.UncaughtExceptionsRule$1.evaluate(UncaughtExceptionsRule.java:51)
>>        at org.apache.lucene.util.StoreClassNameRule$1.evaluate(StoreClassNameRule.java:21)
>>        at org.apache.lucene.util.SystemPropertiesInvariantRule$1.evaluate(SystemPropertiesInvariantRule.java:22)
>>

>> Build Log (for compile errors):
>> [...truncated 10940 lines...]

- Mark Miller
lucidimagination.com