lucene-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Harley Parks (Commented) (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (SOLR-2155) Geospatial search using geohash prefixes
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2012 16:45:39 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-2155?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=13230289#comment-13230289
] 

Harley Parks commented on SOLR-2155:
------------------------------------

Bill: 
the doc's on queryParser state the name of the function can then be used as the main query,
gh_geofilt, perhaps something like: /select?q={!gh_geofilt}... but, good question.
geofilt is working for me on multivalued fields.

my issue is the query result returns the geohash string, not the geohash lat, long.
In building the v 1.0.3 jar file for solr2155, I used jdk 6. as I didn't see any errors, so
hopefully, that's fine.
so, I'm going to see if solr 3.5 will perhaps resolve my issue.
                
> Geospatial search using geohash prefixes
> ----------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: SOLR-2155
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-2155
>             Project: Solr
>          Issue Type: Improvement
>            Reporter: David Smiley
>         Attachments: GeoHashPrefixFilter.patch, GeoHashPrefixFilter.patch, GeoHashPrefixFilter.patch,
SOLR-2155_GeoHashPrefixFilter_with_sorting_no_poly.patch, SOLR.2155.p3.patch, SOLR.2155.p3tests.patch,
Solr2155-1.0.2-project.zip, Solr2155-1.0.3-project.zip, Solr2155-for-1.0.2-3.x-port.patch
>
>
> There currently isn't a solution in Solr for doing geospatial filtering on documents
that have a variable number of points.  This scenario occurs when there is location extraction
(i.e. via a "gazateer") occurring on free text.  None, one, or many geospatial locations might
be extracted from any given document and users want to limit their search results to those
occurring in a user-specified area.
> I've implemented this by furthering the GeoHash based work in Lucene/Solr with a geohash
prefix based filter.  A geohash refers to a lat-lon box on the earth.  Each successive character
added further subdivides the box into a 4x8 (or 8x4 depending on the even/odd length of the
geohash) grid.  The first step in this scheme is figuring out which geohash grid squares cover
the user's search query.  I've added various extra methods to GeoHashUtils (and added tests)
to assist in this purpose.  The next step is an actual Lucene Filter, GeoHashPrefixFilter,
that uses these geohash prefixes in TermsEnum.seek() to skip to relevant grid squares in the
index.  Once a matching geohash grid is found, the points therein are compared against the
user's query to see if it matches.  I created an abstraction GeoShape extended by subclasses
named PointDistance... and CartesianBox.... to support different queried shapes so that the
filter need not care about these details.
> This work was presented at LuceneRevolution in Boston on October 8th.

--
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
If you think it was sent incorrectly, please contact your JIRA administrators: https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ContactAdministrators!default.jspa
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira

        

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@lucene.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@lucene.apache.org


Mime
View raw message