lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: switch jars to ivy mechanism?
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2012 00:15:49 GMT
I just started a project w/ Ivy and for the most part it was fine.  I ended up sinking some
time into the multimodule stuff and then abandoning it for a top level lib directory for simplicity.
 Under that, you can partition out pieces if you want using Ivy confs.   I wasted a few hours
on the multimodule stuff and it just left me frustrated given the amount of time I wanted
to spend on it.  That being said, I'm sure someone w/ more time could get it working.

The other nice thing is you can still check in jars if you want as well.  For instance, for
anything we build ourselves (after we change the namespace, of course! cough, cough).

At any rate, +1.