lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Steven A Rowe <>
Subject RE: 3.6 status update
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2012 14:15:29 GMT
Thanks, Robert (and Uwe and Chris), for finding a way to make things work. - Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Muir []
Sent: Wednesday, March 28, 2012 10:01 AM
Subject: 3.6 status update

as alluded to on the 'replace jars with ivy' thread, there is a discussion currently going
on, in another list:

the situation looks grim: there is talk of deleting past releases and things like that, so
because of that, I think its necessary to fix this for 3.6 even if it turns out not to be
absolutely necessary for 3.6, i'd much rather spend my time with technicals than arguing over
this crap on mailing lists anyway.

its a shame, since our packaging is stable and we have been doing a lot of testing the last
few weeks, before this thread I was planning on creating the first release candidate today.
but I think either way this situation will delay the release, so let's just do it right.

I set as blocker. I imagine it will take
some time to sort this out and re-test everything, delaying the RC.
Thanks for your patience! If you want to help you can investigate the jira issue (,
look at the branch (
and review things, or of course just do the usual inspections and tests on branch_3x, which
we definitely still need even with this distraction.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: For additional commands, e-mail:

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message