lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Steven A Rowe <sar...@syr.edu>
Subject RE: switch jars to ivy mechanism?
Date Tue, 27 Mar 2012 19:37:40 GMT
+1

When configuring Ivy, you can find dependencies' Maven coordinates in the POM templates under
dev-tools/maven/.

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Muir [mailto:rcmuir@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 27, 2012 3:28 PM
To: dev@lucene.apache.org
Subject: switch jars to ivy mechanism?

Hello everyone,

There is currently a thread about jars going on another list, this isn't about that.

But just reading over the thread and thinking about things, our svn checkout is quite large
because of checked in jars. I don't think this is good for developers in Europe or Japan or
elsewhere, because it makes the checkout huge.

On the other hand I look at the example ivy file from the tutorial
(http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/latest-milestone/samples/build.xml)
and it looks pretty nice. I know there is an eclipse plugin that works with this as well.

I was thinking about experimenting with our build to remove these jars (at least: as many
as possible) and see how ivy worked, purely as an optimization. It seems like maybe it really
wouldnt be such a huge change... maybe something that could be done in a day or something
like that.

Does anyone have any opinions on this?

--
lucidimagination.com