lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Steven A Rowe <sar...@syr.edu>
Subject RE: [NOTICE] Phasing out maven repos on people.apache.org
Date Mon, 26 Mar 2012 23:24:53 GMT
On 3/26/2012 at 6:58 PM, Robert Muir wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 6:54 PM, Steven A Rowe <sarowe@syr.edu> wrote:
> >
> > #1 is the least disruptive to the current release process, in that
> > release votes would continue to be over the Maven artifacts in the
> > directory structure pointed to by the RC URL.
>
> what does this mean? does it mean prepare-release uploads something?
> publishes something?

No, the way I'm conceiving of it, prepare-release won't change at all.

After a VOTE succeeds, the RM would run, once each for lucene and solr:

    cd <project> # within a checkout corresponding to the blessed RC
    ant stage-maven-artifacts -Dm2.release.dir=/path/to/blessed/RC/<project>/maven

which would upload each project's artifacts & signatures to the Apache Nexus repository.

The RM would then log into the Apache Nexus repository website using Apache LDAP credentials;
click on "Staging Repositories"; select either the Lucene or the Solr staging repository created
by 'ant stage-maven-artifacts'; click on the "close" button and then the "release" button;
and then repeat for the other project.  That's it.  I think any PMC member, not just the RM,
can perform these steps.

Steve