lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Steven A Rowe <sar...@syr.edu>
Subject FW: [NOTICE] Phasing out maven repos on people.apache.org
Date Wed, 21 Mar 2012 20:15:51 GMT
FYI, as of next year, we will no longer be able to publish Maven artifacts as part of a release
by putting them into the ibiblio directory on people.apache.org (see Joe Schaefer's message
below).

When I switched the nightly Maven Jenkins jobs to deploy snapshots to the ASF Nexus snapshot
repository (see <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-3825>), as part of signing
Lucene/Solr up for using the repository, somebody from infrastructure deleted all contents
under both the o.a.lucene and o.a.solr directories in the ibiblio directory on people.apache.org.
 This was expected; according to <http://www.apache.org/dev/publishing-maven-artifacts.html#signing-up>:
"Move Existing Artifacts: In order to maintain the proper maven-metadata.xml files and to
prevent rsync conflicts in Central, we must move all your artifacts to the new repository.
We will move your artifacts from the old repository on people to the new repository and mark
the folder in people as read-only to prevent accidental deployments."

I plan on using my own credentials to do some test release deployments to the ASF Nexus repo.
 Note that there is a staging process, and I will be careful not to "promote" any of my tests
to be real releases.

I'll update the Lucene/Solr release wiki pages once I've got it working.

Steve

From: Joe Schaefer [mailto:joe_schaefer@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 21, 2012 3:01 PM
To: Apache Infrastructure
Subject: [NOTICE] Phasing out maven repos on people.apache.org

If your PMC does not use maven for distributing artifacts,
or you have already switched to using repository.apache.org,
you may disregard this notice.

Along with the rsyncs for websites, we will be shutting down
ALL maven repos currently hosted on people.apache.org in
Jan 2013.  For impacted projects please see

http://www.apache.org/dev/publishing-maven-artifacts.html#signing-up

Please direct all feedback on this change to infrastructure@apache.org<mailto:infrastructure@apache.org>.
Thanks for your attention.