lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Koji Sekiguchi <k...@r.email.ne.jp>
Subject Re: any general way of getting which attributes token stream has?
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2012 06:28:06 GMT
(12/03/20 13:47), Robert Muir wrote:
> I think we should probably change the QueryConverter api from:
>      public abstract Collection<Token>  convert(String original);
> to:
>      public abstract TokenStream convert(original)
>
> Currently attributes such as ReadingAttribute are lost...
>
> If we really want a Collection we could alternatively have
> Collection<AttributeSource>  which would also preserve attributes, but
> it seems silly when QueryConverter could just return a TokenStream.
>
> This makes SuggestQueryConverter extremely simple :)
> In fact SpellingQueryConvert could be simple too: I think its
> basically really just is a regex-tokenizer with a stopword list
> (OR/AND) ?

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the comment.

As I'm investigating further the Lucene spell checker for Japanese,
I've realized that there is more essential problem in it. I'll open a
JIRA ticket for it shortly. In the ticket, I change the api you mentioned
if needed.

koji
--
Query Log Visualizer for Apache Solr