lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Sokolov <soko...@ifactory.com>
Subject Re: Using term offsets for hit highlighting
Date Mon, 19 Mar 2012 17:07:48 GMT
I posted a patch with a Collector somewhat similar to what you
described, Alan - it's attached to one of the sub-issues
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-3318.   It is in a fairly
complete "alpha" state, but has seen no production use of course, since
it relies on the remainder of the unfinished work in that branch.  It
works by creating a TokenStream based on match positions returned from
the query and passing that to the existing Highlighter.  Please feel
free to get in touch if you decide to look into that and have questions.

-Mike