lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Alan Woodward <alan.woodw...@romseysoftware.co.uk>
Subject Re: Using term offsets for hit highlighting
Date Wed, 21 Mar 2012 09:02:39 GMT
That would be great, thanks!  I had a go at merging it last night, but there are a *lot* of
changes that I haven't got my head round yet, so it was getting pretty messy.

On 21 Mar 2012, at 08:49, Simon Willnauer wrote:

> Alan, if you want I can just merge the branch up next week and we
> iterate from there?
>
> simon
>
> On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 12:34 PM, Erick Erickson
> <erickerickson@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Yep, the first challenge is always getting the old patch(es) to apply.....
>>
>> On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 4:09 AM, Alan Woodward
>> <alan.woodward@romseysoftware.co.uk> wrote:
>>> Thanks for all the offers of help!  It looks as though most of the hard work
has already been done, which is exactly where I like to pick up projects.  :-)

>>> Maybe the best place to start would be for me to rebase the branch against trunk,
and see what still fits?  I think there have been some fairly major changes in the internals
since July last year.

Alan - it's attached to one of the sub-issues https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-3318.
  It is in a fairly complete "alpha" state, but has seen no production use of course, since
it relies on the remainder of the unfinished work in that branch.  It works by creating a
TokenStream based on match positions returned from the query and passing that to the existing
Highlighter.  Please feel free to get in touch if you decide to look into that and have questions.

I can certainly help

 This works for