lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [JENKINS] Lucene-Solr-tests-only-trunk - Build # 12655 - Still Failing
Date Thu, 08 Mar 2012 06:43:19 GMT

On Mar 8, 2012, at 1:33 AM, Dawid Weiss wrote:

>> I plan on trying to figure out why a searcher is again occasionally not getting closed
here - must be from a recent change. A little busy at the moment, but I'll did in soon.

> I get this from time to time too. It'd be awesome to fix these few
> Solr tests that cause these errors -- we'd have a stable build before
> the release.
>
> Dawid

It seems to me that the Lucene tests are about equally stable looking at hudson histories
:)

I plan on looking into this because it only started on hudson a little while ago - I think
perhaps after Yonik did some refactoring around recovery. Clearly something around this recently
changed though.

But as for all the random occasional fails, thats a much bigger thing than I'm signing up
for at the moment :) Hopefully people can chip in where they can as they can on those. The
way the tests are these days, there are just a lot of fail paths depending on a lot of variables
in both projects. We have worked towards stabilizing them in both projects for years now :)

- Mark Miller
lucidimagination.com