lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Harwood <markharw...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: ConjunctionScorer.doNext() overstays?
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2012 21:03:19 GMT

> Ideally, consumers of DISI should hold onto the int docID returned
> from next/advance and use that... (ie, don't call docID() again,
> unless it's too hard to hold onto the returned doc).

Yes, I remember raising that way back when: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-584?focusedCommentId=12564415&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-12564415

Back then Mike B raised the issue of backwards compatibility so I don't know if the 4.0 release
presents the opportunity to revisit that idea