lucene-dev mailing list archives

From sxam <>
Subject Amount of Disk I/O while searching
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2012 10:37:11 GMT
We see non linear behavior while increasing index size of our Lucene index.
For 200GB, the simple search  of Query consisting of two strings and one
number  (Ford Focus 3) lasts 1.4 seconds.
For 400GB , same search takes about 5 seconds.

The usual suspect is, of course, disk I/O. So, could someone please explain
me the number of Disk I/O operations performed while searching? And whether
this amount is linear relatively to index size?

The index is optimized and includes lots of strings and numbers in one
indexed Field (the indexed entity is web pages).

Sent from the Lucene - Java Developer mailing list archive at

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message