lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: The two non-deterministic solr tests (BasicZkTest, BasicDistributedZkTest)
Date Sat, 03 Mar 2012 14:13:40 GMT

On Mar 3, 2012, at 3:21 AM, Dawid Weiss wrote:

> Guys, are these tests broken or is it something with the timing
> (races)? They do fail for me pretty consistently although they are not
> reproducible for any particular seed. Is anybody working on fixing
> this? I realize distributed stuff is among the hardest to debug/ fix,
> but I feel tempted to make a test group called
> @KnownIssue(issue="URL") which would be disabled by default (and
> different than plain @Ignore) because these two are really annoying.
>
> Dawid

Hey Dawid - can you make an issue with the details? I know you sent me a bit of info in the
past, but I was not able to replicate.

Currently we are going on what fails on jenkins or local dev machines, and I just don't see
these consistent fails, so there is not a lot I can do yet.

If it passes on jenkins and it passes on my local machines, the problem is invisible to me.
So if you are seeing fails on these, lets start tracking in an issue.

- Mark Miller
lucidimagination.com