lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: ideas for alphas/betas?
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2012 19:58:48 GMT
Hi,

I was thinking about that already: Currently we have lots of issues with
"Affects Version" = 4.0 and then "fix version" also 4.0. This makes no sense
in my opinion and also confuses users after the release of 4.0. I would
prefer to change all those issues to have an affects version that is
something different, like "4.x", "4.pre",.

The problem we have now is that when 4.0 is out and somebody opens a bug
against it, it will also have 4.0. So I would like to change all those
affects versions to something telling that its not affecting 3.x, but
something inbetween, a prerelease-state. So all those bugs would have 4.pre
with a fix of 4.0, later bugs will have 4.0 with fix version 4.1, 4.2,.

What do you think? What "version" name for unreleased trunk would you
prefer?

-----

Uwe Schindler

H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen