lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: [JENKINS] Lucene-Solr-tests-only-3.x - Build # 12905 - Failure
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2012 15:50:20 GMT
We should maybe add a utility method in lucene.util package (core), because this is also often
needed in Lucene core. Lots of code simply wraps needless by RuntimeException. A good rethrow
method should check with 2 instanceof checks the rethrowable Exceptions and otherwise wrap
with RuntimeEx:

static void rethrowUnchecked(Throwable t) {
  if (t instanceof RuntimeException)
    throw (RuntimeException) t;
  if (t instanceof Error)
    throw (Error) t;
  throw new RuntimeException(t);
}

These 2 instanceof checks catch all unchecked Exceptions, often the "Error" case is missing.
-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen
http://www.thetaphi.de