lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] New Website
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2012 01:06:05 GMT
: inline code quoting.  we should probably change most of the "code" css to
: use the "pre > code" since that's what the markdown docs i'm looking at
: say markdown generates for code blocks.
: ...that looks like a content problem.  we seem to be using "<source>" as
: the markup for our code blocks, but the markdown docs i'm finding say thta
: "4 whitespcae characters of indentation" should be used for code blocks.

Huh...

* markdown docs say 4 space indenting will create a <pre><code> block
* preview in the WMD editor shows 4 space intenting creating a <pre><code>
block
* after saving those changes, the staging site shows much more complex
html using <div class="codehilite"><pre> containing little span tags for
each indivdual word.  if you then view this html in the CMS "browse" page
(ie: where the bookmarklet taks you so you can click the edit button) then
those individual spans get individual color coding from
https://cms.apache.org/css/code.css

...not sure if we want any of that, or if we should just decide to use
<pre><code> tags explicitly ourself (downside: then we have to do our own
HTML escaping; upside: then we can use tags like <b> in our code which
markdown's "4 space" markup auto escapes for us to be helpful)

-Hoss