lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] New Website
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2012 11:58:09 GMT

On Feb 1, 2012, at 3:32 AM, Doron Cohen wrote:

> Wow this is impressive!
>
> so I'd like to propose we make the leap and switch.
>
> + 1
>
> The new site is almost dead simple to edit:
> The whole process is 1000x easier than Forrest.  You can even edit via the web using
a WYSWIG editor if you so desire.

> This by itself is a major reason to move.
>
> !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*********************
> Now, here's the kicker, I'd like to switch to the new sites over this weekend or early
next week at the latest and then iterate from there.  I don't have a solution for the Core
versioned docs yet, but those can be figured out later.  Presumably we can convert them to
markdown at some point before the next release and just maintain pointers to the old versions.
> !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*********************
>
> Like others said, we can handle this later.
>
> Minor comments for now:
> - The "Lucene" icon at top left still links to old site

Yeah, it links to lucene.a.o, so it will be proper once it goes live.

?

> Thanks for doing this!
> Doron
>
> PS I guess it is me to blame not the new site - that somewhat grayed-out text is harder
to read - but there are many modern sites like this so will have to learn to live with it.

Clarification please?

Grant Ingersoll
http://www.lucidimagination.com