lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "David Smiley (@MITRE.org)" <DSMI...@mitre.org>
Subject Re: lucene-solr pull request: Fixing typo in example schema: 'salves' => 'slaves'
Date Mon, 20 Feb 2012 16:21:59 GMT
Ok, that's disappointing.  So much for ASF projects being part of the social coding revolution.
 It's a big deal, by the way.  When people ask me what it's all about, I point them to this
blob post by the Springframework team: http://blog.springsource.com/2010/12/21/social-coding-in-spring-projects/
I suspect you are enlightened Mark but others reading our conversation might not be.

So this guy's patch, the one I replied to, is a typo amounting to two characters.  Are there
ASF guidelines on size of contributions?  Wether guidelines exist or not, IANAL but I believe
there are practical considerations on the size of patches to not concern yourself with copyright.
 I've seen estimates before ranging from 20-100 lines of code.

~ David