lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Changing our Wiki software?
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2012 03:09:58 GMT
As long as I'm talking about possible improvements I'd like to work on:

Anyone else have an itch to dump moin moin for confluence? I've used both, and I think that
confluence is just far superior.

Also, moin moin has a very dated look, and it's hard to make modern looking wiki pages - confluence
looks much more modern in general, and its just easier to do most things. This is something
I've been thinking about for a couple years now.

Getting a confluence wiki seems as simple as opening an infra JIRA. I think I've seen there
may be some ways to transfer content as well. Perhaps someone else knows more. But even if
there is not, I'd be for a manual migration (and would contribute towards that). There are
other issues around old links and what not, but I think others have made this move, so perhaps
there are acceptable ways to mitigate that pain?

- Mark Miller
lucidimagination.com