lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Sami Siren <>
Subject Re: Welcome Sami Siren as committer
Date Mon, 20 Feb 2012 07:29:58 GMT
On Sun, Feb 19, 2012 at 5:32 PM, Robert Muir <> wrote:
> Sami, its tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.

I am a software developer from Southern part of Finland, currently
based on a city called Espoo. I am working for Lucid Imagination,
mostly around the LucidWorks search platform. I really appreciate the
kind folks @lucid for allowing me to spend more time with the
Lucene/Solr community.

In my personal life I am a father of three wonderful children. I like
to go mountain biking during the summer (I would love to do that
during winter too but the > 50 cm of snow we have here right now makes
it impractical) . I also enjoy fishing and pretty much anything that
gets me close to the nature.

Some history... I started programming at age of 10-11. First with c64
basic then moved to 6510 assembler. I spent some time in c64 demo
scene too. Later on I had a brief touch with Amiga before moving to
PC. I think I had my first contact with Java at around 1998 while
implementing a game/applet for a company I was working at that time.
My "search" history goes back to 2004 when I became interested in
Nutch. One of my first contributions was the language-identifier which
you can still see, greatly improved though, in Tika :) Along the years
I have been using Lucene/Solr in many applications ranging from tiny
up to several billions of documents in size with great success.

I am really exited to see all the recent developments around
Lucene/Solr which, I am sure, will make the project even more
succesful in the future.

 Sami Siren

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: