lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [JENKINS-MAVEN] Lucene-Solr-Maven-3.x #393: POMs out of sync
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2012 15:51:11 GMT
On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 10:44 AM, Steven A Rowe <sarowe@syr.edu> wrote:
> Robert,
>
> This was definitely caused by your commit.
>
> Eclipse is wrong: common-build.xml is not a stand-alone Ant file, and everywhere it is
imported, javadocs is defined.

No, eclipse is definitely correct. depending on a non-existent task
here is really unintuitive.

> Please revert.  (You have been dismissive in the past about catering to IDE quirks,
Robert, so I'm hopeful that you'll impose your bias reflexively here.)

I don't plan on reverting, because I think thats broken.
Instead, ill add a placeholder javadocs task in common-build.xml that
fails the build if its ever called and tells you that you must
redefine it, along with a TODO
that this situation should be improved... this is much cleaner.

--
lucidimagination.com