lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [important] Refactoring of tests infrastructure.
Date Sat, 18 Feb 2012 16:50:00 GMT
On Sat, Feb 18, 2012 at 11:41 AM, Dawid Weiss
<dawid.weiss@cs.put.poznan.pl> wrote:
>> Personally I say 'go for it'. My only concern is that test failures
>> reproduce, but this is likely just paranoia from the existing
>> code...I'm guessing you have this under control.
>
> You mean past test failures (with known seeds)?

no that would be crazy!!!!

I mean "reproducibility bugs" where somehow a test doesn't reproduce
because of bugs in LuceneTestCase :)

> Sure we can add it, you don't even need a macro -- a simple condition
> will do. My thinking was that if we're making major changes to the
> testing factor we may as well consolidate and simplify to as few
> options as possible. There are other non-backward compatible changes
> like -Dtestpackageroot is not really covered by globbing filters; you
> can simulate it via:

Right, I think that we can consolidate more obscure stuff (like
testpackageroot), but I was just mentioning i hand-type in -Dtestcase
and also -Dtestmethod quite often when debugging and writing tests.

> There is one showstopper issue I'm still trying to track (slave
> failing with JSON serialization weirdness). Don't know if it's a
> dependency bug (gson) or something else. Once I have that solved, I'll
> warn again and commit this to trunk. If there's anything weird going
> on with tests on Jenkins we will either revert or fix as we go.

Well at some point we have to cut over to this... so I think its
expected we might hit a few snags... but we are probably also fixing a
few bugs we just dont know about in the test infrastructure at the
same time.

--
lucidimagination.com