lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Mikhail Khludnev <mkhlud...@griddynamics.com>
Subject ToParentBlockJoinQuery vs filtered search
Date Sun, 05 Feb 2012 20:25:57 GMT
Hello,

I'd like to contribute BlockJoinQParserPlugin for Solr. It's not a very big
deal, but I'm stuck during writing filtered search test cases. At the first
glance it looks like deja vu for another "join"
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/lucene/dev/trunk/solr/core/src/java/org/apache/solr/search/JoinQParserPlugin.java?r1=1238085&r2=1239355.
But then I realized that it's a question about requirements:

 What is the expected functionality for ToParentBlockJoinQuery for filtered
search IndexSearcher.search(Query, *Filter*, Collector)? whether the given
filter is applied to children documents or to the parent documents?

Considering Solr's fq= I suppose that there is more sense to apply that
filter to parent documents. WDYT?

I'm attaching the small amendments to TestBlockJoin to get you my
understanding.

Thanks in advance.

--
Sincerely yours