lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Dawid Weiss <dawid.we...@cs.put.poznan.pl>
Subject Re: [important] Refactoring of tests infrastructure.
Date Sat, 18 Feb 2012 20:56:32 GMT
> I mean "reproducibility bugs" where somehow a test doesn't reproduce
> because of bugs in LuceneTestCase :)

Oh no -- the whole point of all this is so that we have 100%
reproducibility (is there even a word like that?) or failures saying
something like: "this random shouldn't be shared and is, fix your test
case named: ...".

> Right, I think that we can consolidate more obscure stuff (like
> testpackageroot), but I was just mentioning i hand-type in -Dtestcase
> and also -Dtestmethod quite often when debugging and writing tests.

Sure, we can add some shortcuts to avoid typing. Remind me about it if
I forget, ok?

> Well at some point we have to cut over to this... so I think its
> expected we might hit a few snags... but we are probably also fixing a
> few bugs we just dont know about in the test infrastructure at the
> same time.

Yep, that's my guess too. There's this one thing with gson that I
don't have a reproducible test case for myself -- once I figure out
what this is, I think it'll be ready to land on trunk.

Dawid