lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Doron Cohen <cdor...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] New Website
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2012 08:32:09 GMT
Wow this is impressive!

> so I'd like to propose we make the leap and switch.

+ 1

The new site is almost dead simple to edit:
> The whole process is 1000x easier than Forrest.  You can even edit via the
> web using a WYSWIG editor if you so desire.

This by itself is a major reason to move.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*********************
> Now, here's the kicker, I'd like to switch to the new sites over this
> weekend or early next week at the latest and then iterate from there.  I
> don't have a solution for the Core versioned docs yet, but those can be
> figured out later.  Presumably we can convert them to markdown at some
> point before the next release and just maintain pointers to the old
> versions.
> !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*********************

Like others said, we can handle this later.

Minor comments for now:
- The "Lucene" icon at top left still links to old site
- Page icon (shown in the address bar) is that of Solr - should be that of
Lucene.

Thanks for doing this!
Doron

PS I guess it is me to blame not the new site - that somewhat grayed-out
text is harder to read - but there are many modern sites like this so will
have to learn to live with it.