lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "J. Delgado" <joaquin.delg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Indexing Boolean Expressions
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2012 17:09:40 GMT
According to http://community.apache.org/mentoringprogramme.html I'm not
allowed to be a Mentor, because I'm not a committer. However, I believe
this can be a really interesting (and useful) project as it has a variety
of applications, including advertising, recommender systems, matching
engines, information filtering, pub-sub systems, etc.

Here is an interesting quote off the paper:

"IR systems [21, 26], which efficiently search documents given a
query, have been heavily studied. Our application is different in that
we are searching for queries (BEs) given the data (instead of the
other way around), and that we exploit the syntax of the complex
queries in order to exactly find the satisfied BEs"

So if Aayush Kothari is interested in working on this as a Student, all we
need is a formal mentor (I can be the informal one).

Anyone up for the task?

-- J